The Board of Trustees of the Galesburg Public Library in Galesburg, Illinois seeks an energetic and dedicated leader to serve as Library Director.
The Galesburg Public Library, a municipal library funded by the City of Galesburg, provides library service to approximately 32,000 residents of the City of Galesburg. Founded by one of the early supporters of the anti-slavery movement, Galesburg has both an interesting history and a strong community-based vision for the future. Located in northwest central Illinois approximately 35 miles east of the Mighty Mississippi River, Galesburg is a progressive and peaceful place to live, work, and play.
About the Opportunity:
This opportunity is for a director who will serve as a visionary leader, responding to the diverse needs of the Galesburg community and adapting to the changing role of public libraries.
Qualifications and Requirements:
• Lead the staff and the library in a highly professional manner, fostering teamwork, collaboration and trust.
• Political savvy with well-developed prowess at building and strengthening relationships.
• High-level managerial experience with financial and planning responsibilities.
• Intellectual curiosity, and an eagerness to explore new ideas.
• Master of Library Science degree from an ALA-accredited school.
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter, current resume and three professional references using the contact information below. Please include your last name in the title of any attached files and “Galesburg” in the subject line of your email.
Salary range is $70K-$90K, negotiable based on experience and qualifications. Excellent benefits.
We welcome and encourage phone and email inquiries.
John Keister & Associates
Email: John Keister & Associates
Photos: Galesburg Public Library
Our firm is committed to Equal Employment Opportunities, and will not discriminate against any candidate because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.