Goshen is located in north central Indiana near South Bend, Mishawaka, and Elkhart. The library provides service to approximately 37,300 residents of the City of Goshen and Elkhart Township.
This is an outstanding opportunity to lead a library in a richly diverse community with residents committed to working for the common good. Goshen's mix of arts, culture, recreation, and small-town charm makes it a wonderful place to work, live, and play.
About the Opportunity
The Goshen Public Library Director will be expected to:
- Serve as a visionary leader and continue to move the library forward to best serve the needs of the community
- Lead the staff and the library in a highly professional manner, fostering teamwork, collaboration, and trust
- Be highly visible in the community and enthusiastically participate in events and organizations
- Leadership experience in a public library that demonstrates the ability and skill to work in an ethnically and socioeconomically diverse environment
- An understanding of both traditional and emerging ways in how libraries serve their communities
- Master of Library Science degree from an ALA accredited school
- Ability to obtain LC2 Indiana Library Certification
Salary $70,000/year or higher, negotiable based on experience. Excellent benefits.
Questions? We welcome and encourage inquiries.
John Keister & Associates
Photos courtesy of Goshen Public Library
Our firm is committed to Equal Employment Opportunities, and will not discriminate against any candidate because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.