Lincolnwood Public Library serves a diverse and vibrant community of 12,600 residents. Located just 10 miles north of downtown Chicago, residents enjoy a mix of suburban amenities plus all of the cultural and entertainment options of Chicago.
In early 2017, the library completed a large renovation project which brought about significant changes to the facility's look and feel as well as to the services offered. It's a beautiful space that has been well-received by the public. The Board and staff are enthusiastic about continuing to move the library forward and embracing its role in the community.
The Director will be expected to:
- Continue to move the library forward to best serve the needs of the Lincolnwood community
- Lead and inspire the staff and the library in a highly professional manner, fostering teamwork, collaboration and trust
- Advocate for the library and cultivate community partnerships
This opportunity requires an individual with:
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an approachable, honest and respectful leadership style
- Sense of humor, intellectual curiosity and an eagerness to explore new ideas
- Passion for librarianship with a clear vision of the future
- Demonstrated ability to serve as an enthusiastic advocate for the library
- Master of Library Science degree from an ALA accredited school
- Leadership experience in a public library that demonstrates the ability and skill to work in a diverse community
Salary $85,000/year or higher, negotiable based on experience. Excellent benefits.
Questions? We welcome and encourage inquiries.
John Keister & Associates
Our firm is committed to Equal Employment Opportunities, and will not discriminate against any candidate because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Photos courtesy of Lincolnwood Public Library