Middletown, located in central Connecticut, is known for its high quality of life, support of the arts, and revitalized downtown. Home to Wesleyan University, the city has a diverse and welcoming vibe. Middletown is ideally located, with residents enjoying easy access to Hartford, the state capital, as well as to the coastal regions of the state.
The Russell Library CEO (Director) will be expected to
• Lead the staff and the library in a highly professional manner, fostering teamwork, collaboration and trust.
• Advocate for the library and enthusiastically participate in community events and organizations.
• Work collaboratively and creatively, with the ability to adapt to change.
• Continue to move the library forward to best serve the needs of the community.
• High-level managerial experience with financial and planning responsibilities.
• Understanding of both traditional and new ways libraries serve diverse communities.
• Strong leadership skills, with the ability to inspire staff, board, and the community.
• Master of Library Science degree from an ALA-accredited school preferred.
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter, current resume and three professional references using the contact information below. Please include your last name in the title of any attached files and “Middletown” in the subject line of your email.
Preference will be given to applications received by January 29, 2018.
Salary range is $95K - $137K, negotiable based on experience. Excellent benefits.
Questions? We welcome and encourage inquiries.
John Keister & Associates
Our firm is committed to Equal Employment Opportunities, and will not discriminate against any candidate because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Photos courtesy of Russell Library