The Board of Trustees of the Shaker Heights Public Library in Shaker Heights, Ohio seeks an energetic and dedicated leader to serve as Library Director.
The Shaker Heights Public Library provides library service to more than 32,000 residents of a highly diverse community. As one of the oldest suburbs of Cleveland, Shaker Heights offers a high quality of life, a strong sense of community, and the convenience of easy access to the amenities of Greater Cleveland.
The Shaker Heights Public Library Director will be expected to:
- Lead the staff and the library in a highly professional manner, fostering teamwork, collaboration and trust
- Advocate for the library and cultivate community partnerships
- Continue to move the library forward to best serve the needs of the community
- High-level, proven public library leadership and budget experience
- A sense of humor, intellectual curiosity and an eagerness to explore new ideas
- Political savvy, coupled with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Master of Library Science degree from an ALA accredited school
Salary negotiable based on experience and qualifications. Excellent benefits.
We welcome and encourage phone and email inquiries.
John Keister & Associates
Email: John Keister & Associates
By Stuart Spivack - Shaker Heights Public Library - Main, CC BY-SA 2.0
Our firm is committed to Equal Employment Opportunities, and will not discriminate against any candidate because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.