Zionsville, an upscale suburb northwest of Indianapolis, is known for its historic charm, brick streets, boutiques, restaurants, and cafes. In 2014, Business Insider named Zionsville as #2 among “Best Suburbs in America.”
On September 11, 2017, the library released a statement which reads, in part:
Please read the full press release here.
With a new three-year strategic plan in place, improvements in technology, and several other new initiatives underway, the library is looking forward to continuing its positive momentum with the new Executive Director.
The Library Executive Director will be expected to:
- Lead the library and staff in a highly professional manner, fostering teamwork and collaboration
- Advocate for the library and enthusiastically participate in community events and organizations
- Exhibit strong leadership with the ability to inspire staff, board and community
- A sense of humor, intellectual curiosity, and political savviness
- Highly effective communication and problem-solving skills
- Understanding of current and emerging library technology and trends
- Must have a Master of Library Science degree from an ALA accredited school
- Experience in a high-level library leadership role with financial responsibilities
- An aptitude and understanding of library technology is preferred
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter, current resume and three professional references using the contact information below. Please include your last name in the title of any attached files and “Zionsville” in the subject line of your email. Applications received by October 31 will receive priority consideration.
Questions? We welcome inquiries.
John Keister & Associates
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunities, and will not discriminate against any candidate because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Photo Attributions: Hussey-Mayfield Memorial Public Library