Ascension Parish, a suburban area adjacent to Baton Rouge and 45 minutes north of New Orleans, has a population of about 124,000 and is one of the fastest-growing parishes in the state. The largest city in the parish, Gonzales, is celebrated as the "Jambalaya Capital of the World".
The Director will be expected to:
- Exhibit superior leadership, administrative, and organizational skills
- Lead and inspire the staff and the library in a highly professional manner, fostering teamwork and trust
- Act as a consensus builder and work collaboratively with the library board of control, staff, and community
- Continue moving the library forward to best serve the needs of the Ascension Parish community
This opportunity requires an individual with:
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an approachable, honest, and respectful leadership style
- A sense of humor, intellectual curiosity, and an eagerness to explore new ideas
- A passion for librarianship with a clear vision of the future
- The ability to see the “big picture,” and the capacity to follow through with plans
- Master of Library Science degree from an ALA accredited school
- An understanding of both traditional and new ways libraries serve communities
- Leadership experience in a public library that demonstrates the ability and skill to work in an ethnically and socioeconomically diverse environment
- Certification by examination with the State Board of Library Examiners will be required
Interviews will be ongoing during October of 2019. Please don't wait to apply!
Minimum salary $110,000/year, negotiable based on experience. Excellent benefits.
Questions? We welcome and encourage inquiries.
John Keister & Associates
Executive Search for Libraries
Our firm is committed to Equal Employment Opportunities, and will not discriminate against any candidate because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Photos courtesy of Ascension Parish Library