This is an outstanding opportunity to lead a forward-moving library that embraces the community it serves. The library is renowned for its excellent staff, supportive board of trustees, and engaged community. The library is currently underway with interior renovations and the addition of an Innovation Center and Marketplace.
Located in north suburban Chicago, the library provides services to approximately 45,000 residents of the Village of Glenview. Glenview, considered to be one of Chicago's premier suburbs, is a lively, thriving community. Residents enjoy a high quality of life with top rated public schools, vibrant downtown, and abundant recreational and entertainment options with easy access to the amenities of the Chicago metropolitan area.
About the Opportunity
The successful candidate is someone who excels in seeing the big picture — an individual who will be aware of the needs of the GPL service population but who also will be willing to take the next steps to ensure that the library continues to lean forward with the latest in library services and resources.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Serve as a visionary and innovative leader, responding to the needs of the Glenview community and adapting to the changing role of public libraries
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to inspire the staff, board, and community
- An understanding of current and emerging trends in library operations including customer service, technology, and programming
- Political savvy with well-developed skills at building and strengthening relations with the community
- High-level public library managerial and leadership experience with financial and planning responsibilities
- Master of Library Science degree from an ALA accredited school
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter, current resume, and three professional references using the contact information below. Please include your last name in the title of any attached files and "Glenview" in the subject line of your email.
Salary $110,000 to $170,000/year, negotiable based on experience and qualifications. Excellent benefits.
Questions? We welcome and encourage inquiries. Interviews will be ongoing.
John Keister & Associates
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunities, and will not discriminate against any candidate because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Photos courtesy of Glenview Public Library